The Environmental Act 1990
Understanding the Environmental Protection Act 1990 is crucial for businesses managing waste. This UK legislation, succeeding the Control of Pollution Act 1974, aims to control and reduce pollution from industrial processes and waste management. Here's a concise guide for businesses to navigate these regulations responsibly, highlighting how Taylors Skip Hire can assist in compliant waste management practices.
Key Provisions of the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Section 33 prohibits the unauthorised depositing, treatment, or disposal of waste, making such actions punishable offences. Businesses must ensure waste is disposed of with a valid environmental permit, adhering to legal standards to avoid harmful environmental or human health impacts.
- Section 34 imposes a 'duty of care' on businesses, requiring them to manage waste safely and within the law. This includes using licensed waste carriers for waste collection and disposal, maintaining accurate waste transfer notes, and ensuring waste is stored securely.
Ensuring Compliance with Your Duty of Care
- Licensed Waste Carriers: Partner with Taylors Skip Hire, a licensed waste carrier, to ensure your commercial waste is collected, treated, and disposed of responsibly. Our range of skip hire options and rubbish removal services are designed to meet the diverse needs of businesses while ensuring compliance with waste management regulations.
- Accurate Waste Documentation: Maintain proper paperwork for all waste disposal activities. Taylors Skip Hire provides clients with the necessary documentation, including duty of care waste transfer notes, ensuring your business's waste management practices are fully documented and traceable.
- Secure Waste Storage: We offer advice on how to securely store your waste, reducing risks to the environment and human health. Our site clearance services can also help in managing larger waste removal projects, ensuring your site remains clean and compliant.
- Eco-friendly Waste Management: Embracing the waste hierarchy principles of reduce, reuse, and recycle, Taylors Skip Hire prioritises recycling and eco-friendly waste disposal. Our commitment to sustainability helps businesses minimise their environmental impact while adhering to the Environmental Protection Act's requirements.
The Environmental Protection Act 1990 sets a clear framework for businesses to manage their waste responsibly. By partnering with Taylors Skip Hire, your business can navigate these regulations confidently, ensuring that your waste management practices contribute positively to environmental protection and comply with UK law. For further details on how we can assist your business, please contact us today.